Therapy in Toronto
Do any of these sexual and gender identities-related issues apply to you?
- Do you experience negative emotions (fear, guilt, shame, anxiety, depression) or challenges in relationships as a result of your sexuality, gender or relationship identities?
- Do you struggle to define your sexual or gender identities (lesbian, gay, trans, bisexual, pansexual, fluid, etc.)?
- Do you want to come out but not sure to who first, when or how?
- Do you feel distressed due to the use of gender pronouns that don’t fit with who you are?
- Are you unsure about how to develop your sexual and/or gender identities (next steps to take, connecting with the community, disclosing to friends, family, partners, etc.)?
- Are you curious about exploring and/or engaging in diverse relationship models (open relationships, polyamory, etc.)?
- Do you experience or have you experienced stigma, prejudice and discrimination on the basis of your sexual or gender identities?
- Do you feel lonely and isolated as a result of your sexual and gender identities?
- Are you looking for support for depression, anxiety, stress or relationship problems not related to issues of diversity, but want a non-judgmental and knowledgeable mental health professional who is a member of this diverse community?
Issues related to our sexual or gender identities affect our mental and physical health. These identities are not set in stone and for many of us evolve and change over time. It is very important that you feel comfortable and safe as you explore and discuss these matters.
Let’s connect and start where you are. Let’s work together to explore who you are, help you find answers, and live your life to the fullest as you deserve.